Monday, February 1, 2010


I lost three times after I scratched out three Lucky Bug lottery tickets. I don't even believe in the lotto, but ever since Reyna gave me three lottos for my birthday and one was a $3 winner, the what ifs happened in my head. What if I won, what if I got three $100s in a row, what if I won a couple more bucks to buy candy I would never eat? With my three dollar winning, instead of cashing, I got three more lottery tickets, and I hoarded them in my room, with the thought, "well if I save them, if I think on them, if I wait till the right moment, then I will surely win through my patience, and will to withhold." Here I sit, with the right feeling; enough time has passed, and I scratch each section with the hope and vigor of a child looking through the glass of a toy store during Christmas, and yet with all of the proper ritual I obtain absolutely nothing, and I here I sit reassured that luck isn't found but is created.

1 comment:

Jared said...

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.